How to identify your motivation and values?
Motivation is your career fuel and by channelling it to the right direction you are likely to succeed in your career.
1. To discover what motivates you start by answering these following questions:
- What are you really interested or enthusiastic about?
- In what kind of activities or personal missions you simply do not give up?
- What kind of organizational mission, purpose and goals really drive you?
- What kind of rewards motivate you? Do you want more money, free time, promotions, learning opportunities or challenging responsibilities?
- Recruiting managers and headhunters want to know your answer to the question: “Why do you want to do this job?” Not “Why do You want this job?”
2. Take high quality motivation and values assessments, like Mazhr Motivation and values assessment.
- These tools help find your work related motivational factors faster and in a structured way.
- They also help you to verbalise and articulate your motivational factors and values to recruiters or your boss
- They help you to identify what kind of organizational culture motivates you to do your best
Motivational factors and values usually change over time. Common moments change are:
- Graduation from school and getting first touch with work life
- Seeking new challenges after 3-7 years in the same company or role
- Changes in family situation
- Around the age of 50
To have a successful and meaningful career, you should keep the following in mind:
“Use your strengths to promote things that motivate You.”
You can assess your motivation and values in Mazhr!
Senior Consultant at Mazhr